For how many people there are in the world, there's about triple that many ideas when it comes to marketing. So how do you figure out what is best for you?
Start with what you are trying to sell, what kind of group will be selling your products to, age, race, religion, sex and about a thousand other factors will come into play. It may seem overwhelming but it's not. Do your research and find out what your clients are like. Once you are able to read them you'll be on your way to becoming a marketing success.
There's not a month in a year where the embroidery business slows down so you've got to be prepared and be ready to market for that season:
January: Ski equipment, Sweaters, Turtlenecks, Winter Wear
February: Valentine's Day
March: St. Patrick's Day, Easter Wear, Baby Items
April: Luggage Promotion, Canvas Tote Bags, Team Uniforms, School Fund Raisers
May: Mother's Day, Robes, Aprons
June: Graduation, Weddings, Father's Day
July: Beach Wear, Towels, Terry Robes
August: Back-To-School, Totes, Backpacks, School Jackets, Baseball Hats
September: School and Church Fundraisers
November: Linens for Thanksgiving and the holidays
- Donate your services to charity fundraisers. Charity fund-raisers often include auctions and raffles. This is a great way for you to give to your community and get great publicity. The organization will usually include your company name, address and phone number in their program in exchange for your donation. Check newspapers or the Chamber of Commerce for upcoming fund-raisers.
- Have stories printed about you. Write a story about your business or have someone do it for you. Then find a newspaper or magazine that is willing to publish your story. Linking your story to a newsworthy topic will help get it published.
- Give away free specialty gifts. Giving away free specialty gifts with your business name, logo, photo, phone number or web site is a simple way for you to be memorable to others.
- Serve on an Association Committee. You not only meet key people but you will develop relationships with them which is how you grow your credibility. Remember it is not how many contacts you have but the impression those people have of you. Taking on responsibility and following through puts you in a class above others. You will be someone that others will feel confident sending business to.
- Create your Advocate list. Notice who thinks highly of you. Which friends, clients, associates think you are great? These people will be great referral sources for you because they believe in you. Explain to each of them how they can send you business. Be sure to stay in touch with them at least every thirty days. Call them, send them a note, have lunch with them or send them business.
- Create cash bonuses Call, mail or email the top 20% of your customers an irresistible offer for an immediate cash bonus.
- Shift the emphasis of your website from a sales tool, to a vehicle to begin a relationship with your potential customers. You do this by offering valuable free information or products in return for their contact details.
- Make sure that all of your Marketing copy is a personal communication. Addressing the person reading it and discuss their needs and desires, rather than a dull description of you and your business.
- If you haven't done so already, test pay per click advertising. It's revolutionizing Marketing and could revolutionize your business.
- Test a change in the headline on your advertising. It's one of the key differences that can increase response.
The Business Marketing Association (BMA) focuses on the field of business-to-business marketing. BMA provides a wide range of marketing services and resources: training, seminars, research, articles, conferences, webinars and certifications. Visit the BMA website for more.
Business to business marketing consultants, Marketing Resources Ltd. consulting services to associations and B2B marketers.
Financial Marketing Services at Suasion Resources. Customized strategic and tactical solutions. Capabilities include sector research, branding, collateral material, advertising and promotion.
Visit Marketing Profs.com for the latest marketing techniques and provocative commentary on today's marketing concepts and strategies. Online Marketing Seminars and Events.
Take a look at our FAQ.